Attracting dedicated customers and fans to your Facebook page is the key to maintaining a professional presence on the Internet. Marketing on Facebook can be a difficult task if you don’t know where to start or how to proceed. Be aware that it takes time before these marketing strategies prove to be successful; a professional online reputation requires patience and time dedicated to ensuring a professional presence.
One key Facebook marketing strategy is to give your Facebook page a human touch. Communication with customers and fans is important, and they don’t want to feel like they’re speaking to an automated voice for your company. Let your personality come through in each post you make, allowing your fans and customers to rely on your posts as a source of information. A fine line should be drawn between the professional and personal life, however. Marketing on Facebook should still serve the purpose of drawing prospective customers while still letting them know there’s a person on the other side of the screen. One rule to adhere to is the 80/20 Rule: 80 percent of your posts should be dedicated to business while the remaining 20 percent can be used to show your personal side. Customers want to do business with real people who have lives outside of work.
Provide Necessary Content
Ensure that you are providing content that educates and entertains those that visit your Facebook page. Keeping your readers engaged will grab their attentions and keep them coming back for more. The only means of achieving this is to consistently create new content using different forms of media. For example, instead of making a simple text post, you could add a video that better explains the message you are trying to get across. Marketing on Facebook by using a variety of media; your customers and fans will increase in diversity, and are more likely to share your posts with their friends and family. In order to facilitate the creation of new material, create a calendar to track when new content is posted and the diversity of information that is created.
Engage with your Readers
Posting new content is guaranteed to get you new readers, but there is no attraction if a two-way dialogue isn’t created with your readers. Your Facebook page should not be a barrage of new content without giving your customers the chance to respond to your posts. Don’t reply to every single comment you get; take the time to respond to comments that result in a conversation that provides new information or addresses a customer’s concerns. Facebook marketing is about finding out what people want and meeting those needs, and that cannot be achieved if you aren’t listening to them.
Make it Easy to Spread the Word
Facebook marketing has made it easy for customers and fans to spread the word through other social media websites. People are more likely to trust the opinions of their friends and family over a company’s Facebook posts. Make it easy for your customers to spread the word by adding alternative social media options to your posts, such as Twitter or Pinterest.
Determine what your Facebook Page Should Achieve
The Facebook marketing strategy should be similar to the vision of your company. Brainstorming ideas with your team can help you determine what strategies should be employed. For example, say your company makes athletic shoes. One vision for your Facebook page could be to invite avid runners to share their running stories, or provide advice to other, novice runners. This creates a community that is partly customer-driven, but still provides information related to your product. Meet the expectations of your customers so that they come back for new and interesting information.
Monitor the Popular Content
With the increased use of social media on the Internet, it is much easier for content to be shared between users and customers. Find out what content on your Facebook page is most popular with your customers or has increased your revenue, and figure out what about that the content was so attention-grabbing. Marketing on Facebook requires the examination and discovery of the media that draws more customers and how your posts can continue to do so in the future.
Marketing strategies require time and patience to promote your presence on Facebook. The results can be hit or miss, so it is important that you be flexible with what strategies you employ in order to find out what works best for your brand.